Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
KPT/JPT (R2/220/6/0018) 12/21 - MQA/SWA0106
Why study the Bachelor of Arts (Honours)?
Honours is a prestigious program. It includes a fourth year of specialised coursework and research, following the completion of the normal requirements of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) pass degree. You choose a topic and undertake research, working with a supervisor who provides individual guidance and academic counselling.
Graduates from the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) have sophisticated skills in analysis, communication and research and are often targeted as potential leaders in large corporations. Honours also has traditionally prepared the way for an academic career or pursuing a higher research degree.
Areas of study
At Monash Malaysia, we currently offer the following majors for this course:
- Communications and media studies
- International studies
The course adds one year of full-time study to the normal three-year bachelor’s degree.
Students complete 48 points, including a thesis.
Students must complete the following 12-point core units:
- Dissertation Part 1 (12 points)
- Dissertation Part 2 (12 points)
- Research issues and methodologies (12 points)
- Readings in social, political, and cultural theory (12 points)
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
Graduates from the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) work in areas such as:
- Journalism, publishing, editing
- Writing, electronic media, public relations, corporate communications, communications, non-governmental organisations around the world
- Marketing, advertising, business research and analysis
- Management consulting, international trade, human resources, training and development, management and administration, film, television and video
To enter Monash University, students must satisfy particular academic, English language and age requirements.
Students need strong academic results in their undergraduate degree, particularly in the third year, to gain entry.
For entry into the Bachelor of Arts (Honours), you must have:
- completed an undergraduate degree with a major (48 points or the equivalent) in the intended honours discipline, and
- obtained a distinction average (70 per cent) in units in the honours discipline(s) to the value of 24 points at second and third-year levels, of which at least 18 points must be at third-year level.
In 2018, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM35,000 for Malaysian students
- RM38,500 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa for new international student
There is one intake period in February each year for the Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts.
For more information about this degree, contact us.