Arts and Social Sciences
At the School of Arts and Social Sciences, our undergraduate students can choose from three arts-related degrees and major in communication, writing or international studies. Whatever the topic, we look to engage students in principled debates on current social and political issues.
We use an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and draw theoretically from disciplines such as:
- Global Studies
- Gender Studies
- Film, Television and Screen Studies
- Writing (minor)
Our students can:
- study Malaysian society and cinema – its history, culture, traditions and links with other cinematic cultures
- gain exposure to human rights and social justice issues, including the opportunity for internships and careers with non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- travel within Malaysia and neighbouring countries on regular study trips
- express themselves artistically through short films with the help of professional filmmakers and writers-in-residence.
Our graduates work in fields such as journalism, politics, publishing and editing, corporate communications, marketing and advertising, diplomacy and foreign affairs, tourism and hospitality, and performing arts.
- Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Contact the School of Arts and Social Sciences for more information about course accreditation, staff contacts and school events.