Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
KPT/JPT (R/210/8/0016) 03/20 - MQA/SWA0117
Why study a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)?
A PhD involves extensive, continuous research in a selected field or topic of interest. Monash Malaysia School of Pharmacy prides itself in giving quality postgraduate supervision in an individual’s quest of pursuing their PhDs. A scholastic research environment and excellent facilities are offered to students, including access to important databases in the electronic resources. The programme will be culminated in the form of a thesis which contributes to the existing body of knowledge. A PhD develops an individual’s critical thinking skills and overall maturity. It gives an individual a better problem-solving skills, to be better equipped for numerous job opportunities including as an academic in future.
Areas of study
Drug discovery and development
Organics and biomolecular chemistry
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the PhD program in the School of Pharmacy.
To apply for the PhD program in the School of Pharmacy, you must have completed:
- a bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study, which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours degree at H1 or H2A level in a relevant field, or
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master’s degree that entails work, including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis in a relevant field. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiner’s reports will be taken into account; or
- Qualification which in the opinion of the Graduate Research Office are deemed equivalent to the above.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) can be undertaken over four years of full-time or eight years of part-time study.
In 2018, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM40,280 for Malaysian students
- RM44,308 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,115
- Other countries - RM2,215
You can apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at Monash Malaysia throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision.
For more information this postgraduate research degree in the School of Pharmacy, contact:
Norhayati Abdul Malek
Senior Administrative Executive, Research
Phone: +60 3 5515 9629
Make sure that you also find out about: