Master of Biomedical Science
KPT/JPT (R2/545/7/0004) 11/27 - MQA/SWA0187
Why study a Master of Biomedical Science?
This research degree may be undertaken in the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences’ principal research areas and strengths.
The program will engage you in hands-on, mentored research and the processes of research design, analysis and presentation. Mentors, who are Monash University Malaysia academic staff, will share their own disciplinary research and teach you disciplinary research methods.
The work undertaken as part of this research degree must constitute a significant contribution to the knowledge and understanding of a field of study of direct concern to the school. It must also demonstrate your capacity to carry out independent research.
Areas of study
Biomedical science, psychology, public health or clinical sciences.
You should talk to potential supervisors in the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences about possible research topics.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Master of Biomedical Science.
To apply for the Master of Biomedical Science, you must have completed:
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least 4 years of full time study which includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours degree class 1, 2A or upper 2B (with an overall mark of at least 65%) from a recognised tertiary institution; or
- a qualification deemed equivalent by the relevant department, faculty and committee.
The Master of Biomedical Science degree can be undertaken over two years of full-time or four years of part-time study.
In 2020, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM42,333 for Malaysian students
- RM46,556 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,340 (2 years)
- Other countries - RM2,330 (1 year)
You can apply for the Master of Biomedical Science throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision.
For more information on this and other research courses in the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, contact:
Kong Li San
Research and Development Manager
Phone: +60 3 5514 6300
Make sure that you also find out about: