Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
KPT/JPT (R/210/8/0016) 03/20 - MQA/SWA0117
Why study a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)?
Our PhD program allows you to complete extensive, independent research (100,000 words). The Monash PhD has an international reputation for excellence and relevance, with quality supervision at the heart of our success.
As a doctoral candidate, you will be supported by a minimum of two supervisors throughout your candidature. Under their guidance, you will write and submit a thesis that represents a significant contribution to the body of knowledge or understanding of your field of research.
Areas of study
The PhD program in the School of Engineering must be undertaken in one of the following principal areas of research:
- chemical engineering
- civil engineering
- electrical and computer systems engineering
- mechanical engineering
- mechatronics engineering
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the PhD program in the School of Engineering.
To apply for the PhD program in the School of Engineering, you must have completed a:
- Master of Engineering by research from a recognised tertiary institution, with minimum grade, equivalent to H2A, or
- four-year Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science (Honours) from a recognised tertiary institution with minimum grade, equivalent to H2A.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) can be undertaken over four years of full-time or eight years of part-time study.
In 2019, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM41,100 for Malaysian students
- RM45,200 for international students.
In 2020, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM42,333 for Malaysian students
- RM46,556 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,340
- Other countries - RM2,330
You can apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision.
For more information about this and other School of Engineering research courses, contact:
Wan Nurul Rukiah binti Wan Rasdi
Research and Development Manager
Phone: +60 3 5514 6224
Make sure that you also find out about: