Master of Philosophy
KPT/JPT (R2/340/7/0465) 12/24 - MQA/SWA0122
Why study a Master of Philosophy (MPhil)?
The degree allows candidates to develop in-depth knowledge, expertise and skills through the application of research to business problems and issues.
You will gain experience in the design and implementation of research and make a contribution to an existing body of knowledge by applying, clarifying or interpreting that knowledge.
At Monash Malaysia, we are committed to scholarly research that will make us global leaders in business and economic theory and practice.
Areas of study
Areas of study include:
- accounting and finance
- business law and taxation
- econometrics and business statistics
This master’s degree has been designed to allow you to pursue your own career ambitions. Monash's international reputation offers graduates career and research opportunities in Malaysia and around the world.
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) program in the School of Business.
To apply for the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) program in the School of Business, you must have completed:
- a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from Monash University, requiring at least four years of full-time study, which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours degree at H1 or H2A level, or
- a course leading to a master’s preliminary qualification at a level rated by the relevant department, school and committee as equivalent to an honours class 1 or 2A degree, or
- a master’s degree in a related discipline, including a significant research component, at least equivalent to an Australian honours degree (a full-time year of research and an examined thesis). It is normally expected that a minimum grade of H2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project, or
- a qualification deemed equivalent to the above.
The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is taken over 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time study in the School of Business.
In 2020, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM42,333 for Malaysian students
- RM46,556 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa application fee for new international student
- Indonesia - RM3,340
- Other countries - RM2,330
You can apply for the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) at Monash Malaysia throughout the year, subject to availability of supervision.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce
- Master of International Business
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Make sure that you also find out about: