Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce
KPT/JPT (R2/523/6/0081) 04/22 - MQA/SWA0120
Why study a Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce?
This qualification is particularly suitable for adult students who wish to undertake further study to the higher research degree level. Students who complete the course with first-class honours may be permitted to enrol in a PhD without first completing a master’s degree by research.
Areas of study
Areas of study include:
- accounting and finance
- business law and taxation
- econometrics and business statistics
This course gives students a number of key skills that are highly valued within industry and academia. It is a research-preliminary qualification and provides a pathway to a higher research degree for students who do not meet the normal admission requirements.
The course structure comprises of the following:
a) Taught units:
- Research methodology 1 (6 credit points)
- Research methodology 2 (6 credit points)
b) Supervised coursework units:
- Directed studies 1 (6 credit points)
- Directed studies 2 (6 credit points)
c) 100% research based unit, with a thesis requirement of up to 20,000 words:
- Research project and report (24 credit points)
The Monash University Handbook has detailed information about the structure and requirements for this Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce program in the School of Business.
To apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce program in the School of Business, you must have:
- completed the requirement for the Bachelor of Business and Commerce at Monash University or an equivalent degree
- obtained a minimum 70 per cent average grade over Level 2 and 3 of the undergraduate degree in specialised area of business units
- successfully completed at least one unit in statistics or econometrics as part of the undergraduate degree
- satisfied the University’s English language requirements.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce can be undertaken over 1 year.
In 2018, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM33,920 for Malaysian students
- RM37,312 for international students.
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa for new international student
Each year, there are two intake periods for the Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commerce at Monash University Malaysia. This means that you start in February or July.