Defer an offer
Deferring an offer
To defer the commencement date for your course at Monash, you must submit the relevant forms on or before the offer lapse date, specified in your letter of offer. We will send you a letter when your application for deferment has been processed.
Conditions for deferral
- You can only defer from the course you have been offered.
- Normally you can only defer for up to 12 months.
- Your school or faculty must approve the deferment.
- If you want to start mid-year, please check that your course has a mid-year intake.
Complete the forms
Complete and sign the:
- Application for Deferment form (PDF, 0.36 MB)
- Student Acceptance form that came with your letter of offer.
Pay the fees
Purchase a bank draft or prepare a cheque (in Ringgit Malaysia drawn to a Malaysian bank) payable to ‘Monash University Malaysia Sdn Bhd’.
Purchase a bank draft in US dollars (refer to your letter of offer for the equivalent amount) payable to ‘Monash University Malaysia Sdn Bhd’.
International students with a Malaysian bank account
- a bank draft in US dollars (see instructions above), or
- a bank draft or prepare a cheque (in Ringgit Malaysia drawn to your Malaysian bank) payable to ‘Monash University Malaysia Sdn Bhd’.
For international students, the compulsory ‘Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance’ premium is included in general fees, unless you have an exemption.
Submit the application
Before the lapse date for your offer, submit your application by mail or in person.
By mail to:
Monash University Malaysia
Building 2, Level 1
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
47500 Bandar Sunway
Selangor Darul Ehsan
In person to:
Financial Services Cashier
Building 2, Level 1
Business hours, Monday-Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Notify us of any changes
If there are any changes to your correspondence address during the period of deferment, make sure you formally notify the University by contacting the Prospective Students Office. We will send all information about enrolment and commencement to this address.