Short-Term Exchange Program
What are short term exchange programs?
Study for a short period overseas at one of our partner universities, in either the Monash winter (June-July) or summer (December-February) breaks. These experiences are usually worth between 6 and 12 credits (subject to approval by your course management office), depending on the duration of the program.
How do they work?
You may study a core or an elective unit of your choice (subject to approval by your course management office) abroad that fit into your current Monash course. The duration of the programs is typically two to four weeks, however it may vary and the programs are often conducted during semester breaks.
Where can I go and what can I learn?
Current summer school options supported by schools:
- KEDGE International Summer School
- Liverpool International Summer School
- Digital Business Master Class at Aalto University School of Business (postgraduate students only)
- International Summer University at Copenhagen Business School
- Leeds International Summer School
The above list of options will be updated periodically.
You will need to check that the duration of your preferred short term program does not overlap with exam dates in Semester 1 and the commencement (of study period) of Semester 2 at Monash Malaysia. If you are unsure, please check with your course management office on whether your participation in the short term program would affect Monash's course requirements.
How much will it cost?
Program costs will vary depending on the duration, destination and host institution. Speak to Monash Abroad to clarify the arrangements in place for your preferred option.
For some short term exchange programs, you may be eligible for tuition fee waiver. You will pay all other associated program and administration fees directly to the host university.
Check our travel scholarships webpage to see if there are any grants available for short term international exchange to partner universities.
* Please note that you should not book flights until after your application has been approved by your school/course management office and you are enrolled in your exchange or study abroad units.
Check that you meet the eligibility requirements for overseas short term study:
- completed at least 18 credit points of your course at Monash at the time of application
- be actively enrolled in a Monash degree
- not be subject to academic misconduct or any undischarged academic misconduct
- not be subject to unsatisfactory course progression, or for students that have completed less than 2 semesters at Monash at the time of registration, must not have failed more than 50% of their enrolments at Monash
- you may also be required to meet additional host/partner eligibility requirements
Ready to apply?
Application procedures vary, depending on the program. Please consult Monash Abroad for specific application advice on your preferred program.