Global Intercampus Program
What is Global Intercampus Program ?
Because you’re already a Monash student, studying at a Monash Australia campus is the easiest way to see the world. As part of the program you will:
- remain enrolled at Monash Malaysia
- continue to receive credit for your overseas study towards your Monash degree and all your units will appear on your academic transcript
- pay your regular fees to Monash Malaysia in Malaysian Ringgit
Please click here to see the Monash Abroad Portal (MAP) brochure.
You can go to
Monash University Malaysia
Melbourne, home to five of Monash campuses, has been consistently named one of the world’s most liveable cities and has also been commended in the first ever QS Best Student Cities survey as Australia’s best city for students.
Find out more about life at Monash Australia.
Matching up your semesters
Semester dates at Monash Australia campus are exactly the same as the semester dates at Monash Malaysia.
What can I study?
As you are aware, Monash is all about choices. We offer over 6,000 units across our campuses for you to select, for example, you may choose to study ‘Australian Indigenous art and design’ or you may prefer ‘Australian government and politics’.
Find out more about study options here.
How much will it cost?
While participating in the Global Intercampus Program, you do not need to pay additional tuition fees. You will continue to pay your regular fees at Monash Malaysia.
Find out more about the financial side of global intercampus program.
There is no Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship available for this outbound program.
To be eligible to participate in the Global Intercampus Program, you must have:
- completed at least 18 credit points of your course at Monash at the time of application
- achieved a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60% at the time of application
- for Engineering students, please check the School-specific credit points and WAM requirements below,
- an active enrolment in a Monash undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at any Monash campus
- selected units that will ensure you are doing a full-time load of on-campus units (18 or 24 credit points)
Your overseas study plan must be approved by your School(s) so that you are able to receive credit towards your degree. You must meet the entry requirements at the time you submit your Study Plan to your School.
Diploma of Higher Education Studies results would not be taken into account in our assessment on whether the requirement of minimum WAM of 60% has been fulfilled.
Other factors to consider
- Some schools may not permit you to undertake overseas study in the final semester of your course, therefore, please check with your course management office before completing your application.
- You must have only one active semester-length overseas study application (i.e. International Exchange or Global Intercampus Program) with Monash for the same study period.
- If you are in receipt of a scholarship from an external organisation, you may need to inform your sponsor and obtain permission to participate in this program.
- If, after receiving an offer from Monash University Australia, you change your mind about participating in this program and withdraw from the program, the withdrawal policy will be applied. This means you will only be allowed to apply again for the GIP in the semester after the semester that you would be studying in Australia if you had not withdrawn.
Study plan due to your Course Management Office
Completed online application via Monash Abroad Portal (MAP)
Deadlines for submitting the online applications via Monash Abroad Portal (MAP) are 11:59PM (Australian time) of the given date. We usually experience a high volume of applications towards the close of applications; thus you are advised to submit your applications early. No time extensions will be considered.
The Monash Abroad Portal (MAP) will be open for applications six (6) weeks before the application deadline.
* Engineering students must submit an online Expression of Interest (EoI) form by the timeline set by the School of Engineering's course management office. Please check with the course management office on the deadline to submit the online EoI form. All applications are subject to Faculty's approval.
Ready to apply?
Find out more about key dates, eligibility, the nomination and selection process, and how to apply.
What happens after I apply?
You've submitted your application form. What happens next?
Withdrawing your application
If you wish to withdraw your participation in a Semester Abroad / Global Intercampus Program, it is your responsibility to notify Monash Abroad as soon as you make this decision. If you withdraw your participation for reasons other than those accepted as extenuating circumstances, you will not be able to reapply for a Semester Abroad / Global Intercampus Program in the subsequent application round. You will be required to show proof that your reason for withdrawing your application meets the definition of extenuating circumstances.
Extenuating circumstances are defined as any event that is:
- outside the control of the student, or
- not primarily the fault of the student (i.e. resulting form the student's discretion or choice)
Supporting documentation will vary depending on the situation, some examples may be a medical certificate, death certificate, or notice of visa rejection or delay by the host country authorities. Students who are unsure of what to provide should contact their Monash International Education Coordinator to clarify what documentation is required.
Reasons that will not be considered extenuating circumstances are:
- being unsuccessful in being nominated for your first, second or third appropriate institutional preference (for Semester Abroad Programs)
- having insufficient funds to support your semester abroad
- being unable to take leave from your place of employment
- choosing to participate in an alternative international study or travel experience that coincides with the period for which you’ve applied
- changing your course plan AFTER an acceptable study plan has been approved by your faculty
- changing your mind (i.e. deciding that your prefer to stay at home during this time)
- any other rationale that could be reasonably planned for in advance of submitting an application to participate in the Global Semester Abroad / Global Intercampus Program.