Increase your marketability with international work experience
Employers are looking for graduates with a global perspective. An internship at Malaysia offers professional work experience and adventure rolled into one. You gain deeper understanding of different workplace cultures, expanded networks, enhanced communication skills and a boosted CV, all leading to that next career step.
As an incoming exchange and study abroad student to Monash Malaysia, you can opt to do an internship at Malaysia. The internship will be aligned with your major or course at your home institution, and usually ranges between three to six months.
Your internship will commence at the end of your semester(s) with Monash Malaysia. There are three options for you to consider:
- complete a semester of study with Monash Malaysia (July - December) followed by a semester of internship in Malaysia (January - June)
- complete a semester of study with Monash Malaysia (February - June) followed by a semester of internship (July - December)
- complete two semesters of studies with Monash Malaysia (July - November and March - June) followed by an internship during the summer break between December and February
You must express your interest in an internship with the exchange or study abroad in Malaysia at the point of application.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or a score of 60% or equivalent
- You must be able to commit full-time (up to 40 working hours per week)
Please refer to our How to Apply webpage for additional documents required in order to include the internship option in your program.