When we finalise your enrolment, we will send your Visa Approval Letter approval letter, followed by a pre-arrival email on things you can do to prepare before leaving your home country.
To ensure a smooth arrival, make sure you:
- complete and submit the online airport arrival form at least five (5) days before your arrival
- notify us as soon as possible if there are changes to your arrival plans by email to email@example.com or call the Airport Arrival Phone Line (+6019-6277656)
When we have received your arrival information, we will send you a confirmation email with specific instructions on how to clear Malaysian immigration at the airport and other relevant information within 48 hours.
Remember, you must complete the airport arrival form at least seven (7) days before you arrive.
Single-Entry Visa (SEV)
Apply for a Single-Entry Visa (SEV), if applicable:
- Please refer to the Immigration Department of Malaysia website for more information on SEV requirements: (http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/component/content/article/40-pengumuman/1009-updates-on-international-students-on-visa-requirements)
- If you require a SEV, please apply at the Malaysian Embassy/Consulate in your home country or nearest to you using the following documents:
i) IM47 form
ii) Original Letter of offer issued by Monash University Malaysia
iii) Original VAL issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia
iv) Original Visa Granted on Arrival Letter issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia
What to do at the airport
You will arrive in Malaysia at one of the following airports:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2)
- Skypark Terminal, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (SZB)
At the immigration counter
- Present the following documents to the immigration officer your:
- Original passport
- Original Visa Approval Letter
- Original offer letter from Monash University Malaysia
- Original single entry visa (if applicable)
- If you face any difficulty, please contact the Airport Arrival Phone Line, our representative will guide you.
Transportation from the airport
If you have requested for the Airport Pick Up service:
- Meet the Monash University Malaysia representative at the designated meeting point
- Present your original passport and offer letter to the representative
- Transportation will only be provided to residences within Sunway township (nearby Monash University Malaysia)
This service is only for students, family members and friends accompanying students have to use alternative means of transportation to their destination.
If you wish to arrange airport transfer by yourself, you can use the following options:
Make sure that you have booked and confirmed your accommodation before you arrive. Monash University Malaysia has several accommodation options near campus.
We will send you information about any changes to the airport arrival procedures if necessary before you arrive. If you need further assistance, please contact us at:
- Airport Arrival Phone Line (International Student Support): +6019 627 7656
- Monash University Malaysia emergency number: +60 3 5514 6333
You can also contact us at:
International Student Support
Monash University Malaysia
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
47500 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan