Information for commencing students
Information for students beginning in the October 2019 intake
Enroling for the first time with SASS
Welcome to the Arts and Social Sciences at Monash! Congratulations on receiving an offer. Now that you have it, you probably have a lot of questions about what your journey is going to be like.
The orientation program at the School of Arts & Social Sciences will provide you with the help and guidance you need to better understand your course structure, study what you’re passionate about, and make the most of your time here at Monash University Malaysia.
The School of Arts and Social Sciences Orientation Program
We highly recommend that you attend all the sessions organised by SASS. You will need to make some important decisions as a new student, and these sessions are very important to making sure you have all the information you need to confidently select the right courses and units.
The SASS Orientation program schedule for October 2019 is as follows:
Refer to the orientation planner for dates, times & venues:
- SASS: School Briefing
- SASS: Meet the Majors (for undergraduates)
- SASS: Icebreaking (for undergraduates)
- SASS: Lab Enrolment Session (for undergraduates)
What should I do before attending these sessions?
- Read your course outline here:
- View this video: Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences
- Read the General Studies requirements
- Download the course map form here: A2006, A2011, A0503 (For DHES only skip to No. 7)
- Read the step-by-step guide for course map planning:
- Draw up your own course map. If you have any enquiries about this, it is highly recommended that you email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also consult with the course administrator in person during the Lab Enrolment Session in orientation week. Note: It is highly recommended that domestic students with credit transfers set up an appointment for a course map consultation with the contact person named on the credit letter prior to orientation week.
- Read this step-by-step guide on how to enrol on the Web Enrolment System (WES) and allocate your lecture/tutorial slot. Note: Unit offerings for 2020 will be available on WES from 14 October 2019 onwards.
- View this video on how to enrol in General Studies on WES.
- View this video on how to use Allocate+ to create your personal timetable.