CSJB Research Week 2021
Date: 21 August–4 September 2021 ● Zoom online platform
The CSJB Research Week (CSJB-RW) aims to promote research activities, share research outputs and ideas, and encourage reflection on research values among medical students at Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences. This annual event is part of Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences’ continuous effort to support research activities at the clinical school. Marching into its ninth year, the CSJB-RW is a platform for medical students to showcase and critically discuss their research projects. These young researchers are expected to acquire essential research presentation skills while promoting their research output and sharing ideas.
Please take note that due to restrictions in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, CSJB-RW 2021 will be held virtually.
The competition is open to all JCSMHS Year 1–5 medical undergraduates, supervised by one or more academic staff from the School. To be considered, students are invited to submit abstracts for the following categories:
Category A ― Primary Research (Completed)
- Research project inclusive of results/findings
Category B ― Review (Completed)
- Only completed reviews in the form of scoping reviews, systematic reviews or meta-analysis are allowed.
- Narrative reviews without systematic methodology will not be permitted.
Category C ― Research proposal
- Presentation of a research proposal or an ongoing project with preliminary results
- Systematic review protocols registered with registries such as PROSPERO will also be considered.
- Deadline for submission of abstract: 31 July 2021 (Saturday)
- Preliminary poster presentation: 21 August 2021 (Saturday)
- Final oral presentation: 4 September 2021 (Saturday)
- Guideline for abstract preparation & submission
- Sample abstract for Research Proposal category
- Sample abstract for Research Project (Completed) category
- Sample abstract for Review (Completed) category
- Past CSJB proceedings
- Dr Amutha Ramadas (co-chair) - email@example.com
- Associate Professor Dr Ngim Ching Fang (co-chair) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Jeevitha Mariapun - email@example.com
- Dr Tan Loh Teng Hern (ad-hoc member)
- Ong Siu Ching (ad-hoc member)