How to register - Non-credit internship
How to register your non-credit internship or volunteerism
The registration process has five steps.
- Determine if you are eligible.
- Request for University Letter.
- Secure an internship offer
- Complete the InPlace registration form BEFORE your placement ends.
- Complete the placement evaluations.
1. Determine if you are eligible
To be eligible to register your internship or volunteer work, you must be:
- Intending to pursue an internship/volunteerism in the next semester or next summer break.
- Currently pursuing an internship/volunteerism (i.e. you CANNOT register your internship or volunteerism AFTER you complete your placement).
- Undertaking an internship or volunteer work for a minimum of 2 months.
2. Request for University Letter
University Letter (Student Confirmation Letter) is issued if the organization that you have applied to requests the University to confirm your status as an enrolled student.
This letter is issued to School of Business students only.
3. Secure an internship offer
Students must first secure an internship offer letter with an employer before completing the registration form. If you have secured an internship offer letter, proceed to step 4.
4. Complete the InPlace registration form BEFORE your placement ends
Submit your non-credit internship registration at InPlace. Click here to access InPlace.
Having trouble accessing InPlace? Refer here.
How to navigate InPlace? Follow the steps on this instructions card to locate the School of Business Non-credit Internship registration form in InPlace. Please ensure to submit your registration before the registration deadlines.
The registration form requires you to provide the following:
- Organisation (Agency) details & Internship supervisor details.
- Internship offer letter.
- Overview of internship role/ job description
- Passport & Student Pass details (international students only).
You can register your internship or volunteerism during the dates below. Please note that you CANNOT register your internship or volunteerism AFTER you complete your placement.
Summer Semester (Dec - Feb) 31 January
Semester 1 (March - June) 31 May
Semester 2 (July - Nov): 31 October
5. Complete the placement evaluations
Towards the end of your internship or volunteerism you must complete two evaluation forms. The evaluation forms are not graded, but you MUST complete them to be eligible to receive the completion certificate. The evaluation forms will be emailed to you if you successfully completed the registration process. The two evaluation forms are:
- Intern Feedback Report - completed by you, the intern or volunteer.
- Employer Evaluation Report - completed by the direct supervisor at the host organisation during the internship or volunteer work.